I had another doctor's appointment this afternoon. Dr. Delahunty is a Developmental Pediatrician in Strongsville. She made an assessment of me and agreed that I have several delays in my development. I'm only slightly delayed in physical and occupational tasks but am making great improvements to catch up to a normal 19-month old level. Yay! However I am severely delayed in speech. The doctor would have suggested I have speech therapy but she was happy to find out I am already having weekly sessions. She commended Mom and Dad for all their efforts so far and that made them happy.
Mom and Dad brought up my heading banging issue. The doctor told them to ignore me when I do it. Most children form this habit because they know their parents will give them attention when they try to stop the action. They started ignoring my head banging during the appointment and I didn't like it. So I went and played with the toys.
The only things Mom and Dad haven't done for me yet and the doctor suggested they do is a hearing test to check my ears and an EEG to check my brain waves. With continued interaction and love she believes I'll catch up with everything in no time! If I do not improve with speech and my head banging issue in six months, the doctor will suggest for me doing genetic testing. Oh boy. No more testing!
I'm on my way to get some blood work done. Mom said that I'm done after that. What a long day!