Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Fun on the swing

Today Mom brought me to my second speech therapy session.  I had a lot to say in the car on the way to the center but when Ms. Deborah tried to play with me using toys, I was tight lipped.  It's only at the end she put me on a swing, and with movement I began to open my mouth and make sounds.  Mom and Ms. Deborah were very proud of me.  I had a lot of fun.
Ms. Deborah suggested Mom and Dad swing me around while making sounds and saying words.  Maybe the movement will help me focus better.  She also taught me more sign language now that I have "more" in hand.
I even got to play in a big pool of balls.  When it was time to leave I walked all the way down the long hallway, then I attempted to walk back to the playroom by myself while Mom talked to the coordinator at the front desk.  I only got a 5th of the way there but Mom said I walked straight and determined.