Monday, June 3, 2013

Children services update

Edna and Todd came for their monthly visit today.  They said I'm looking nice and healthy and noticed my recent haircut.  Mom let Todd know that the Help Me Grow program finally called and scheduled evaluations for me.  I already see an Early Intervention specialist who helps Mom and Dad know the skills I should be working on to catch up to my 21-month age range.  I am going to be assessed for occupational and physical therapy sessions again, but at Jaworski Physical Therapy Center in Elyria this week.  They should be teaching me how to feed myself with utensils, and to run, go up stairs and climb over obstacles.  And finally Guidestone will assess me next week to help with my stress and frustrations in order to deal with my head banging and hitting issues.  I should be getting speech therapy from Jaworski but there's a big waiting list, so Mom is going to keep me at the Children Development Center until then.  I also have a follow-up with my surgery and another round of vaccinations coming up too.  Woo!  I'm a busy boy!

Mom and Dad got the news that the state of Florida has started my aunt's home assessment process.  Todd will be getting the details to see if they can plan my visits with Aunty Kim soon.  Even though Mom and Dad are hoping to adopt me, they would prefer this process to be done soon.  The longer the agency takes, the closer I'm bonding with Mom and Dad.  It will make a transition very, very difficult.  Mom's not happy but will do what's best for me.  I think I like being here with Dad!