Monday, March 18, 2013

University Hosptials and Help Me Grow

Mom and Dad drove me to University Hospitals in Cleveland today.  I went to visit Dr. Arnold who was the doctor overseeing my surgery.  Even though Mom called several times and talked to his secretary about this special visit they didn't have me on the schedule.  Mom was mad but the doctor was kind enough to fit us in.  He said I'm doing well but he's still concerned that scarring may occur on my esophagus.  So I'll have to do the barium swallow again and see him in another 3 months.  Boo!!

Later today a Help Me Grow program coordinator is stopping by to assess my situation.  This program offers physical, occupational, speech and mental health therapy and services when needed by children.  Kelly will see if I qualify for all services and will set up therapists to come and visit me in the next 2 weeks.  Mom is excited because she's anxious to get me caught up with 18-month old tasks that will help me in my future.  I think she's right.